- Right... Immediate response at the pub needs my attention..Laters crew ;-) 4 hours ago
- @DetChSupJardine I'm easily bought 4 hours ago
- @CCLeicsPolice @leicspolice @DCCLeicsPolice @AccOLeicsPolice @SuzHoulihan umm 'Enthusiastic expression of praise or approval'? Did I win? 4 hours ago
- @ChuckFinlay @SuzHoulihan wasn't that a famous wooden ship? #Anchorman 4 hours ago
- @CCLeicsPolice @leicspolice @DCCLeicsPolice @AccOLeicsPolice @SuzHoulihan It was to get 55% more plaudits thn during the same period last yr 4 hours ago
- Angry Driver
- Take The Targets Test!
- How To Win Any Argument
- My Trip to America – A Systems Thinker’s Diary
- Right Measures, Measured Right
- ‘Tis Not The Season…
- The People vs The System
- The Six Greatest Myths of All Time
- How To Spoil A Perfectly Good Car
- What’s Your Poison?
- Message From The Skies
- Twitter Auction of a Signed Copy of #intelligentpolicing for the COPS Charity
- How To Quit
- “It’s Complicated…”
- The Performance Swear Box
- Ant Death Circle
- Dial ‘F’ For Failure
- My Name is Bill King
- Finding the Source
- Ministry of Silly Systems
- One Thing Leads To Another
- Play Your Cards Right
- Do Something Different
- This Time Last Year
- Must Try Harder
- A System Fit For Heroes
- Barking Up The Wrong Tree
- Free Beer!
- On Purpose
- The Bells! The Bells!
- Spot The Difference
- Get Back! Stay Back!
- Pull The Other One
- Oh Deer
- Life in the Fast Lane
- Epic Fail
- Great Expectations
- Equally Wrong
- Troubled Thinking
- Poo-Pooing Performance Indicators
- Toilet Humour
- (Not So) Bad Performance Measurement On Tour (#3)
- Would You Like Sub-Optimization With That?
- Bad Performance Measurement on Tour (#2)
- Bad Performance Measurement on Tour (#1)
- How To Lose Weight With Systems Thinking
- Is That Large?
- Would You Sit Next To Me?
- 86,492 hits
Tag Archives: waste
I’ve just got back from America, and because I don’t have the ability to switch off the systems thinking part of my brain, I kept noticing ‘systemsy’ stuff whilst I was there, so I thought I’d share a few observations … Continue reading
These imposing monolithic structures, silhouetted against the moody twilight sky, are silos. Actual silos. Not theoretical silos in a book about organisational structures or systems design, but vast, towering, dirty, functional, tangible silos, silently displacing thousands upon thousands of cubic metres of … Continue reading
Recently, I had cause to write to a Government department to ask a question. I knew my query was in good hands as soon as I received an automated reply advising me of their service level agreement for replying to … Continue reading
Yesterday, I saw this headline in a newspaper: “£136million spent by customers waiting to get through to HM Revenue and Customs”. The article bemoaned the amount of time that HMRC customers were left on hold (if they got through at … Continue reading
Recently I had a minor prang in my beloved car. (I won’t go into detail for legal reasons, but I was neither texting, daydreaming about systems, nor changing dodgy 80s CDs in the CD player at the time it happened). … Continue reading
Someone recently asked me, “Why don’t you write blog posts about positive things?” I was surprised at first (and probably a bit defensive) as I think my posts are positive – after all, I don’t just go about kidney-punching management … Continue reading
Far from the frustrated rantings of my last blog post, my latest musings are more about genuine puzzlement over why some managers seem intent on making extremely straightforward processes unnecessarily complicated. I was at the Outpatient’s department of my local hospital today for … Continue reading
Here is a picture of a human brain. In fact it’s mine. I’ve been desperate to find an excuse to put it in a blog post ever since I obtained it and put pretty colours all over it. (Turner prize, … Continue reading
I never plan to write blog posts – ideas just tend to pop into my head when doing random stuff. Today was one of those days. What follows isn’t particularly exciting, shocking or controversial, and no doubt I will be … Continue reading