- @PowerJen500 @Julesisback07 @barrackslass Thanks for that! 3 hours ago
- RT @PCDKirkwood: PCDKirkwood's Daily iBriefing is out! paper.li/PCDKirkwood/13… ▸ Top stories today via @darrenharris243 @pcdownsouth @SimonJ… 3 hours ago
- @JezLester Yeah, been there too. My book starts of with me admitting I've done the red/green target stuff. I didn't know any better! 20 hours ago
- @JezLester The unlearning stage is often the hardest 20 hours ago
- @JezLester Mixed. Have experienced resistance/denial in the past, but recently more and more are genuinely interested and accepting. 21 hours ago
- Dial ‘F’ For Failure
- My Name is Bill King
- Finding the Source
- Ministry of Silly Systems
- One Thing Leads To Another
- Play Your Cards Right
- Do Something Different
- This Time Last Year
- Must Try Harder
- A System Fit For Heroes
- Barking Up The Wrong Tree
- Free Beer!
- On Purpose
- The Bells! The Bells!
- Spot The Difference
- Get Back! Stay Back!
- Pull The Other One
- Oh Deer
- Life in the Fast Lane
- Epic Fail
- Great Expectations
- Equally Wrong
- Troubled Thinking
- Poo-Pooing Performance Indicators
- Toilet Humour
- (Not So) Bad Performance Measurement On Tour (#3)
- Would You Like Sub-Optimization With That?
- Bad Performance Measurement on Tour (#2)
- Bad Performance Measurement on Tour (#1)
- How To Lose Weight With Systems Thinking
- Is That Large?
- Would You Sit Next To Me?
- No Cheese, Please!
- Please Take A Ticket
- Water on the Brain
- Check It Out
- Left Hand, Right Hand
- Cream or Ice Cream?
- A Short Pub Tale
- Divide And Don’t Conquer
- Pie In The Sky
- Binary Finary
- Watch Your Waste
- The Perfect Target
- “What’s Your Favourite Cheese?”
- Choose Your Own Adventure
- Stay Calm And Don’t Knee-Jerk.
- Why We Must Learn To Say ‘No’.
- 57,345 hits
Tag Archives: process improvement
Recently I had a minor prang in my beloved car. (I won’t go into detail for legal reasons, but I was neither texting, daydreaming about systems, nor changing dodgy 80s CDs in the CD player at the time it happened). … Continue reading
Far from the frustrated rantings of my last blog post, my latest musings are more about genuine puzzlement over why some managers seem intent on making extremely straightforward processes unnecessarily complicated. I was at the Outpatient’s department of my local hospital today for … Continue reading
I never plan to write blog posts – ideas just tend to pop into my head when doing random stuff. Today was one of those days. What follows isn’t particularly exciting, shocking or controversial, and no doubt I will be … Continue reading
In my last post (“Pie In The Sky”), I talked a bit about the effect of handovers within systems, and how they almost always result in waste, delays and inefficiencies. This post is going to look at this concept in a bit … Continue reading
I’m a systems thinker. Usually this is a welcome gift that helps me identify issues that adversely affect performance, and therefore implement simple solutions. Other times it is almost like some sort of weird curse, as I haven’t yet found the ‘off’ … Continue reading