- @CharityUKNews Facebook? No thanks! I only visit once a blue moon, if that. Twitter all the way for me..! 12 hours ago
- @JohnTarbet71 Evening John! 12 hours ago
- #intelligentpolicing quote (p328) "Never use binary comparisons. Why? Because they're rubbish" inspguilfoyle.wordpress.com/book-intellige… http://t.co/dj7Oqlat8E 13 hours ago
- @NorisMcSquirter I only told one or two people. Oh that reminds me...time for another quote.. 13 hours ago
- @PowerJen500 @Julesisback07 @barrackslass Thanks for that! 19 hours ago
- Dial ‘F’ For Failure
- My Name is Bill King
- Finding the Source
- Ministry of Silly Systems
- One Thing Leads To Another
- Play Your Cards Right
- Do Something Different
- This Time Last Year
- Must Try Harder
- A System Fit For Heroes
- Barking Up The Wrong Tree
- Free Beer!
- On Purpose
- The Bells! The Bells!
- Spot The Difference
- Get Back! Stay Back!
- Pull The Other One
- Oh Deer
- Life in the Fast Lane
- Epic Fail
- Great Expectations
- Equally Wrong
- Troubled Thinking
- Poo-Pooing Performance Indicators
- Toilet Humour
- (Not So) Bad Performance Measurement On Tour (#3)
- Would You Like Sub-Optimization With That?
- Bad Performance Measurement on Tour (#2)
- Bad Performance Measurement on Tour (#1)
- How To Lose Weight With Systems Thinking
- Is That Large?
- Would You Sit Next To Me?
- No Cheese, Please!
- Please Take A Ticket
- Water on the Brain
- Check It Out
- Left Hand, Right Hand
- Cream or Ice Cream?
- A Short Pub Tale
- Divide And Don’t Conquer
- Pie In The Sky
- Binary Finary
- Watch Your Waste
- The Perfect Target
- “What’s Your Favourite Cheese?”
- Choose Your Own Adventure
- Stay Calm And Don’t Knee-Jerk.
- Why We Must Learn To Say ‘No’.
- 57,430 hits
Tag Archives: performance measurement
There’s… “Panic on the streets of London! Panic on the streets of Birmingham!” So says the song of the same title by UK band The Smiths, anyway. The true story that follows (yes, I’ve caved in to popular demand and … Continue reading
Remember the classic TV game show ‘Play Your Cards Right’? (Showing my age now). If not, then the basic premise was to predict whether each card in a row was higher or lower than the previous one. If the contestant … Continue reading
Just a quick one this time folks. It’s another absolute gem of target-related nonsense, sent in to me by a sharp-eyed blog reader. The following table was spotted being proudly displayed on the wall of an establishment whose identity I have … Continue reading
At the beginning of the ‘Bad Performance Measurement On Tour’ series I issued a call-to-arms for eagle-eyed readers, asking them to send me their examples of bad performance measurement. Twitter user @Wiggies13 responded to this rallying cry and sent me the … Continue reading
Welcome to what amounts to Episode 4 of ‘Bad Performance Measurement on Tour’. (Other titles subsequently suggested to me on Twitter include the hilarious ‘Cisterns Thinking’, courtesy of Ian Gilson, as well as the brilliant ‘Check – Pan – Loo’, by Rob … Continue reading
‘Data have no meaning apart from their context’. – Donald Wheeler Cast your mind back to Episode One of this series. No beer, no food, no chillies; just trains. The examples provided in that blog post highlighted the dire (but … Continue reading
A friend at work told me that whilst giving blood recently, he noticed there were performance indicators on a nearby board showing the number of blood donations, in the dreaded ‘this week vs last week’ format. Nothing’s sacred, is it? Anyway, this … Continue reading