- RT @richardjharrisn: A useful analogy from @simonjguilfoyle inspguilfoyle.wordpress.com/2013/05/21/ant… 1 hour ago
- RT @MikePerkins502: Excellent blog post on policing targets by @SimonJGuilfoyle bscpolicingnetwork.wordpress.com/2013/05/21/hit… 1 hour ago
- @russwebt Glad you liked it mate 1 hour ago
- @MikePerkins502 Cheers Mike! 1 hour ago
- @Rick_Mosley @maw What can I say, except #OperationFacePalm 1 hour ago
- Ant Death Circle
- Dial ‘F’ For Failure
- My Name is Bill King
- Finding the Source
- Ministry of Silly Systems
- One Thing Leads To Another
- Play Your Cards Right
- Do Something Different
- This Time Last Year
- Must Try Harder
- A System Fit For Heroes
- Barking Up The Wrong Tree
- Free Beer!
- On Purpose
- The Bells! The Bells!
- Spot The Difference
- Get Back! Stay Back!
- Pull The Other One
- Oh Deer
- Life in the Fast Lane
- Epic Fail
- Great Expectations
- Equally Wrong
- Troubled Thinking
- Poo-Pooing Performance Indicators
- Toilet Humour
- (Not So) Bad Performance Measurement On Tour (#3)
- Would You Like Sub-Optimization With That?
- Bad Performance Measurement on Tour (#2)
- Bad Performance Measurement on Tour (#1)
- How To Lose Weight With Systems Thinking
- Is That Large?
- Would You Sit Next To Me?
- No Cheese, Please!
- Please Take A Ticket
- Water on the Brain
- Check It Out
- Left Hand, Right Hand
- Cream or Ice Cream?
- A Short Pub Tale
- Divide And Don’t Conquer
- Pie In The Sky
- Binary Finary
- Watch Your Waste
- The Perfect Target
- “What’s Your Favourite Cheese?”
- Choose Your Own Adventure
- Stay Calm And Don’t Knee-Jerk.
- 58,001 hits
Tag Archives: flow
Recently, I had cause to write to a Government department to ask a question. I knew my query was in good hands as soon as I received an automated reply advising me of their service level agreement for replying to … Continue reading
This post is little more than the illegitimate mutant offspring of two of my other posts – Great Expectations and Epic Fail. Nevertheless, I find it cathartic to grumble about the systems-orientated screw-ups that continually aggravate me. Today’s musings surround … Continue reading
After a couple of forays into the worlds of wildlife and motorway driving, I return briefly to the subject of food and drink, largely because once you have been afflicted with seeing everyday situations from a systems perspective, the pub … Continue reading
According to St Etienne, life is ‘like a motorway’. I’m not too sure about that, but I do know that a motorway is definitely like a system… (*ignores groans from readership*) During my travels on some of the nation’s motorways … Continue reading
Yesterday, I saw this headline in a newspaper: “£136million spent by customers waiting to get through to HM Revenue and Customs”. The article bemoaned the amount of time that HMRC customers were left on hold (if they got through at … Continue reading
Recently I had a minor prang in my beloved car. (I won’t go into detail for legal reasons, but I was neither texting, daydreaming about systems, nor changing dodgy 80s CDs in the CD player at the time it happened). … Continue reading
Maybe this is ill-timed, not being long after my ‘weight loss’ blog post, but here’s another story from the land of “Is that large?” In my defence, I was on a long journey and was so hungry when I stopped … Continue reading
Far from the frustrated rantings of my last blog post, my latest musings are more about genuine puzzlement over why some managers seem intent on making extremely straightforward processes unnecessarily complicated. I was at the Outpatient’s department of my local hospital today for … Continue reading
Here is a picture of a human brain. In fact it’s mine. I’ve been desperate to find an excuse to put it in a blog post ever since I obtained it and put pretty colours all over it. (Turner prize, … Continue reading