- @IJSbignose good point, well made! 28 minutes ago
- @Maraschino68 @CharlieURL @j0annepsi good point, well made 29 minutes ago
- @j0annepsi @MPS_n_P @CharlieURL genius! :-) 29 minutes ago
- @LFBWaterFairy @Hilary1966 @IJSbignose you all make very cogent points... Goodnight folks :-) 9 hours ago
- @LFBWaterFairy @Hilary1966 I think it's important something so tragic is reported factually 9 hours ago
- Angry Driver
- Take The Targets Test!
- How To Win Any Argument
- My Trip to America – A Systems Thinker’s Diary
- Right Measures, Measured Right
- ‘Tis Not The Season…
- The People vs The System
- The Six Greatest Myths of All Time
- How To Spoil A Perfectly Good Car
- What’s Your Poison?
- Message From The Skies
- Twitter Auction of a Signed Copy of #intelligentpolicing for the COPS Charity
- How To Quit
- “It’s Complicated…”
- The Performance Swear Box
- Ant Death Circle
- Dial ‘F’ For Failure
- My Name is Bill King
- Finding the Source
- Ministry of Silly Systems
- One Thing Leads To Another
- Play Your Cards Right
- Do Something Different
- This Time Last Year
- Must Try Harder
- A System Fit For Heroes
- Barking Up The Wrong Tree
- Free Beer!
- On Purpose
- The Bells! The Bells!
- Spot The Difference
- Get Back! Stay Back!
- Pull The Other One
- Oh Deer
- Life in the Fast Lane
- Epic Fail
- Great Expectations
- Equally Wrong
- Troubled Thinking
- Poo-Pooing Performance Indicators
- Toilet Humour
- (Not So) Bad Performance Measurement On Tour (#3)
- Would You Like Sub-Optimization With That?
- Bad Performance Measurement on Tour (#2)
- Bad Performance Measurement on Tour (#1)
- How To Lose Weight With Systems Thinking
- Is That Large?
- Would You Sit Next To Me?
- 86,520 hits
Tag Archives: decision making
As I go about my formal and informal research into the effects of target-driven performance management, I regularly have conversations with people at all levels of organisations. One thing I’ve found is that the people at the very top of … Continue reading
There’s… “Panic on the streets of London! Panic on the streets of Birmingham!” So says the song of the same title by UK band The Smiths, anyway. The true story that follows (yes, I’ve caved in to popular demand and … Continue reading
I was in the pub yesterday evening (yeah yeah I know, you can skip the feigned surprise). As I was standing at the bar a woman next to me asked for a glass of wine. The barman responded with “Which … Continue reading
Someone recently asked me, “Why don’t you write blog posts about positive things?” I was surprised at first (and probably a bit defensive) as I think my posts are positive – after all, I don’t just go about kidney-punching management … Continue reading
This blog post could quite easily have been called ‘Another Short Pub Tale’, or ‘A Short Pub Tale XXI- This Time It’s Personal’, or suchlike. Same pub, same(ish) subject matter; I was even drinking the same beer. This place is full of … Continue reading
Here’s a little story from the pub. It has nothing to do with policing…or does it? I was waiting at the bar in a busy local pub recently when something happened that made me think about organizational trust and frontline … Continue reading
I make no apologies* for starting this blog with another blast from the past, this time in the form of a reference to a favourite series of books from my childhood (as well as ‘The Policeman’ of course). *As an … Continue reading